We’re celebrating Spring and our newest location by the sea in Huntington Beach with this pairing of our Tart Boysenberry Wheat Ale with Mussels in Garlic Butter – an amazing taste match-up that’s easy to prepare, but sure to impress.
You can pick-up 4-Packs To-Go of our Boysenberry Ale at any of our SoCal Locations!
Garlic is a perfect partner for shellfish in this simple appetizer. Serve with a crusty French loaf to mop up all the juices.
- 3 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed & de-bearded
- 10 tablespoons (1 & 1/4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place mussels in heavy large Dutch oven, cover and cook over high heat until mussels open, shaking pan occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain mussels, reserving liquid. Transfer mussels to bowl; discard any that do not open. Tent bowl with foil.
- Melt butter in same Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, lemon peel and reserved liquid from mussels and bring to boil. Season to taste with pepper. Drizzle garlic butter over mussels. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.
To round out your table, you can add Mascarpone cheese; light white meats; foods driven by herbs and spices; pickled dishes (great with tart lambics); salads with fruity dressings; and fruity desserts.
Recipe Credit: Epicurious